Good afternoon from EPHQ everyone!
As I’m sure you had seen on Facebook & Twitter, I recently returned from photographing Shriradha & David’s destination wedding in India. Well just a couple of days after I returned, I was invited by my friend & awesome professional Canadian photographer Olivier Day for another filming on how to make the most out of your photography.
Olivier & I had a blast on our first episode (LINK) before Christmas & our second episode (LINK) & because of the awesome global success we continue to have – we decided to record another episode for you.
As you can tell from the photo to the right, Duran Rex photo-bombed us while we were chatting about social media & destination weddings.
Some of the topics we covered were:
- Impressions on first-time travel/assignment in India.
- Logistics and prep.
- Cultural influences.
- Warnings and precautions (Basic idea of the ceremony and traditions).
- Memorable anecdotes.
- Comparisons with a ‘traditional” North American wedding.
- The Color Run Sues College Photographer After He Asks for Compensation for Image : http://goo.gl/Q2xQTg, with thoughts about: contractual misunderstanding, abuse of the company, poor judgement on the photographer’s part
- Social Media – The obvious players and Where? Who? What? Why?
- Where to devote most of your energy and time? Who’s on it? Who are you speaking to? Who is listening to you? (Friends? Colleagues? Clients?)
- What are you saying/promoting/sharing/broadcasting?
- Why should anyone care about your content? Is there truly a “BEST/PERFECT” platform/service? Do you HAVE to be EVERYwhere?
- Cater to your client(s) – Be professional. Be authentic. Be human.
- YOU are your OWN brand. You’re NEVER too important, too busy, too (anything).
- Your website is your Headquarters & Social Media is your highway.
- Don’t discredit the blog or newsletter.
- Is your content relevant?
- Are you a blogger or a photographer?
- Sharing & Privacy – If it’s on the web, it’s public.
Before you scroll down to check out the video we recorded and you’re thinking… Hey – I’d really like to get to know this Newport Beach Photographer & Google Glass Explorer who loves the arts, feel free to contact me anytime. I’m available just about 24/7 via Twitter, Facebook, Google+, the form on my contact page, or the old fashioned phone as well at 888.ESQ.PHTO (888.377.7486) or 562.225.5915.
I hope you’re having a great week AND totally check out Christin & Christoph’s Destination Wedding I photographed in Germany. There were over 10,000 photos I captured during the week I was in Germany & I’m so excited to share them with you!
UBER PS! Check out my exclusive Esquire Photography iPhone Cases featuring original photographs from around the world. I just released them this past week.