Top O The Morning to you In Orange County from Esquire Photography HQ in Huntington Beach, California! I received a note that has a fantastic wedding day tip from my good friends at Elegala.com and I really wanted to share with you this week.
So let’s say you’re an Orange County bride (or groom!) looking to make sure your doing your best with your reception menu . Having planned my own wedding and been to my share of weddings in Orange County, Los Angeles, and around the country, I think that this list is really creative and will help you get the most out of your wedding day menu along with satisfying your budget and your guests growling stomachs.
But before I present you with this week’s wedding tip and you’re thinking… Hey – I’d really like to get to know this Orange County Wedding Photographer in Huntington Beach, California, feel free to Contact Me on the Website or send me an email direct at email@example.com. You can also stay in touch with me in “real time” on Twitter, Facebook and my Facebook Fan Page too.
Let your wedding catering take a cue from the seasons with our favorite menu ideas for every season…
Spring Wedding Menu Ideas
Summon the taste of spring with light flavors and delicate textures…
- In Season – serve a main dish featuring ham or lamb.
- Fresh produce – round out the meal with a bounty of fresh fruits and young vegetables like baby carrots, baby asparagus and new potatoes.
- Elegant sides – serve mini quiches or update traditional deviled eggs by adding salmon or crab meat.
- Bar favorites – a spring menu seems to call for champagne. Mix up a batch of mimosas for a morning wedding, or create a festive champagne cocktail.
Summer Wedding Menu Ideas
Use your summer menu to invoke warmth, sunshine and fun…
- Serve lighter fare – think fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables like berries, watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, and corn, seafood and lean poultry like chicken. Between courses, serve a light sorbet.
- Spark up the grill – serve traditional picnic and grill fare like barbeque, burgers and potato salad.
- Head to the tropics – feature tropical signature cocktails like margaritas, sangria, or mojitos.
Fall Wedding Menu Ideas
Bring out the rich and comforting tastes of autumn…
- Traditional favorites – you cannot go wrong with seasonal standbys: turkey, red potatoes, corn bread dressing, green beans, and honey glazed carrots.
- Family style – re-create a traditional thanksgiving feast by incorporating your family recipes into your wedding menu and serving the meal family style (if your guest list is small).
- Hearty proteins – Choose a hearty meat that will pair with heavier side dishes – turkey, roasted quail, rib roast.
- Keep it elegant – you can serve traditional fare in sophisticated, creative ways – present soup or veggie puree in mini shot classes or hallowed out gourds, or warm apple cider in glass mugs with cinnamon sticks.
Winter Wedding Menu Ideas
Warm up to a decadent winter menu with these cool ideas to reflect the season…
- Hearty dishes – serve heartier fare in sophisticated, creative ways – such as colorful butternut squash puree or warm pumpkin soup in ramekins or shot glasses.
- Wintery beverages – warm guests with eggnog, spiced wine or mixed coffee drinks.