This week’s Wedding Tip Of The Week is brought to you by our good friend Nina Callaway over at About.com and she has 10 fantastic questions that you should ask yourself. Check them out & we would love to hear some of these & others that you may have concerning your wedding too. Cheers!
Before you can hire a wedding photographer, you need to know if their style of taking pictures works with what you envision for your wedding. Here are some important questions to ask any wedding photographer:
1. What’s your primary style? Posed and formal, relaxed, photojournalistic, creative, artistic, candid, traditional?
2. Do you shoot in color or black and white? Or both? Do you shoot in a digital format that can create both color and b/w versions of the same picture?
3. What kind of input can we have on the direction of the shots? Can we give you a shot list to work from?
4. Are you the wedding photographer who will actually take our pictures? If not, can we meet the person who will be?
5. Can we meet any assistants who will also be our taking pictures?
6. How many times have you worked specifically as a wedding photographer? How many were similar to the size and formality of our wedding?
7. How many other events will you also photograph that weekend?
8. What kind of equipment will you bring with you? How intrusive will lighting, tripods, other equipment or assistants be?
9. Do you develop your own film?
10. Can we buy the negatives from you?