Good afternoon from Orange County everyone! Duran Rex and this Newport Beach Wedding Photographer are back in from a terrific consultation with Stacie & Mike at Kean Coffee in Newport Beach for their upcoming wedding. This was a huge compliment for me because Mike was the Best Man for Rod at his Long Beach Wedding to Dana a few years ago. So for them to consider me for their Newport Beach Wedding – if very flattering to me.
I was about to start putting the finishing touches on a Ventura Wedding I recently captured at the Wedgewood Buenaventura and saw a note from April, who’s San Diego Wedding I photographed and her husband Jason’s Race Car-inspired birthday bash I did photography for as well in my inbox. At first, I thought – they were another couple that was having a baby & wanted me to capture some new family portraits. But when I looked a little closer, it was a note from April with her Event Planning company; Inspired By Love letting me know that Jason’s Birthday Party I photographed was featured on Party and Event Guide’s website. Can I say… AWESOME!
If you’re not familiar with the Party & Event Guide, check out this bit from their site. They’re definitely featuring some great events, tips and vendors.
“This website is dedicated to featuring the hottest parties and trendiest party ideas. There are 5 sections to the website:
- A Real Parties Blog Featuring reader’s parties and the latest party trends. (Have you recently been to or thrown a crazy cool party? If so, Send IT IN! We want to post it for other readers to generate ideas and see how high you can set the bar!)
- A Parties Near You Section where readers can post their parties or find out about events in their neighborhoods
- An Archive of Ideas for YOUR Party to help readers plan their parties
- A VIP Vendor’s list where vendors advertise their services
- Party and Event Guide Blog entries covering world events, reviewing drinks, and offering general party etiquette to readers.
Whether you want to plan a killer party or show off your awesome event and help other plan theirs, you are on the right blog…”
ALSO! If you haven’t already checked out the UBER-AWESOME band; Darvoset who’s song; “Want It” which was recently featured in the Video of UK Model; Jane Lavin of the Los Angeles photo shoot – that I recently shared.
So! If you’re thinking… Hey – I’d really like to get to know this Newport Beach Wedding Photographer (Previously a Huntington Beach Wedding Photographer) that loves music & fashion, photography and art, feel free to contact me anytime.
Whether you’re in Newport Beach, Los Angeles, or down in San Diego – I hope you’re having a TRex-Sized weekend – cheers!
PS, I’m sure you’ve seen some of the quotes I’ve been sharing on Twitter keeping the “Butterfly Effect” moving forward – spreading positivity. Well, tonight I thought I would share some of my current favourite quotes that are pillars of strength for me & I would love to hear which one you like or which ones are important to you. Here are mine:
- “I never wanted to be a businessman, I just wanted to change the world.” – Richard Branson
- “Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever.” – Keanu Reeves in “The Replacements”
- “A Man Can Change His Stars.” – The late Heath Ledger in “Knight’s Tale”
- “Rise & Rise Again. Until Lambs Become Lions.” – Russel Crowe in “Robin Hood”